Saturday, February 26, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I use the liquid eyeliner on my top lash line and it is so so quick and simple. It's not a hassle or messy like you would think. It's a deep dark black that stays on for a very long period of time and doesn't smear or budge.
Best pencil liner I have used to date. So creamy and smooth. I seriously have to apply zero pressure to my waterline and shabam! It's a miracle worker! I don't know about you... but scratchy and rough pencil liners don't work for me.
This mascara is amazing for my lashes. It lengthens and volumizes. It seems to be a more wet mascara like Maybelline's Falsies mascara. Another big hit lately. Some people don't like that but it really is your best bet on getting those long lashes that everyone wants! A little trick: Pull out the wand and blow on it or set it out for a couple seconds before applying! It makes it not so wet and a little more stickier so it holds the curl of your lashes better!
I applied all three to show you the magic!
- My spanish teacher getting a mouthful of my friend's hair in his mouth. His face=priceless.
Girl in Pearls walking down hallway in mob of High School students...
Me: "Uhm, I'm not sure."
So do I say.. "Why yes I am speaking to you, good sir." or "No I'm just talking to myself." or "Nope, just talkin' to the secretary up there on the loud speaker."?? Which one sounds the least creepy?...
Thursday, February 17, 2011
1) Mad doggin'. Now, you probably have no idea what that is...so I shall explain. My eye has a rare disease that has been studied for centuries. ..okay, so I'm fibbing a little bit. But really. I have bad eyes. On occasion, they tend to get really bloodshot. It hurts to blink, I can't look at light, can't wear my contacts, can't open my eyes in the morning because they are crusted shut (tmi?), I'm basically crying all day (not emotional tears, ya'll!) , I can't make eye contact & I have to wear my mom's glasses (I haven't had my own glasses since Freshman year when the basketball boys stepped on them. Talk about being bullied!) As you can see, this is not an awesome situation. Especially when everyone gives you weird looks all day and slowly start to move away from you in fear that you have pink eye. Not cool. For the past three years my eyes have been doing this and it never fails for the same people to walk by and ask "What's wrong with your eye?!" (exhales largely) I usually take the time to explain...but from now on I'm thinkin' "Well, I have an extremely contagious fungi in my eye, that anyone standing 2 feet from me will immediately be exposed to." will do the trick.
2) How long #1 was.
3) Choosing, adopting, and naming a dead cat for your dissection process. Bonus-awkward points for the fact that they just lay on the back table for the first half of the hour. Creeeepyyy. I made sure that the cat I chose didn't look anything like my two LIVE kitties I have at home. I'm thinking I'm gonna name my (dead) kitty, Miss Puss.
Hank: She's outside.
4) The position cats lay when they're dead.
5) Having a hole in the armpit of your t-shirt. On the plus side.. I get a constant breeze throughout the day. :)
6) Dancing with glasses on.
1) This weather!! Oh, how I love it. I feel like I have come out of hibernation and got my mojo back! :)
2) Cookie Dough Icecream. All I need is a huge spoon and a tub of deliciousness.
3) Only an hour of basketball practice.
4) Tomorrow's Friday.
5) No homework!
6) YOU! :)
Monday, February 14, 2011
I asked him officially if he would be my Valentine on Sunday.
I failed to take a picture of the "Balentime" Cards he made me. :(
But they now have made themselves a happy little home in my locker for all to see.
Then they stand and stare for awhile in jealousy.
- Check out his momma's blog over here! :) She's pretty cute too!
- And for the cutest V-day letter you've ever seen... Ramsey's got the hook-up!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Approx. 3 more weeks of basketball.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I woke up this morning realizing that today was yet again... a snow day. Either that or I overslept and missed first hour. I settled on the first. So... I laid there. And laid there some more. Until finally I decided at about 10:30.. I better get up for the day. So I did. Ouch. My bum is quite a bit sore from playing two basketball games and cheering last night. So I sleepily walked downstairs and made myself some PB&J. Note: I have had "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" stuck in my head all day.
Anyways, I have been very tired today. I decided that since the sun was shining I better take good use of it and take outfit pictures. I promised myself as soon as I was done I would eagerly return to my PJ's. So then I went upstairs and began to put on some make-up. I walked to my closet and could not bring myself to drag myself out of my hoodie and slipper socks.
So that is my little story of why you don't see me in an outfit today. (I am now taking offers for publishing.)
So for the sake of being productive and for the sake of my blog.. I worked on editing my pictures with Photoshop thanks to Sydney!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Half Jeans. Half Leggings. Can I get a collective gasp please? Thank you. Ahhhh!! I am so excited. Pretty sure these are the best things since the Snuggie. (A backwards robe if you will.) They are so comfy! I mean comfy comfy! Here's the story: My BFF Katie got these this fall. She wore them everywhere. Yes. Even to sleep! So I went to check these things out. Around 10 bucks. Oh yikes. This cheapo Girl in Pearls thinks she can get a better bargain. So she waits. and waits. Down to 5 bucks. Stilllll can't splurge. (Get me in with the therapist) Well Momma and I ran in to Wal-mart on the way home from the city the other day because this chick was bound and determined to get her some Jeggings. Drum roll please. 3 bucks!! I'll take em! So I took them home. Tucked them into bed. Told them I loved them. And gave them a great big kiss goodnight.
So here they are...making their debut on my blog. I ask that you give them a great big warm welcome. :)
Earrings & Ring - Forever 21; Flannel pearl snap, Knee-highs, & Boots - Target; Jeggings- Wal-mart; Belt - Mommy's!
Okay, So I have a couple apologies to make.
1) I'm very sorry about my ranting last post. I will try real real hard to not let my emotions get the best of me. But sometimes things are just wayy too funny to keep to myself... so I just have to tell my friends!
2) I was going to post Saturday & Sunday's outfit. Fail. My excuse? Lithium. Yes, Lithium. Camera=dead. I promise to put on the outfit and take new pictures soon! Oh, the things I do for you. (P.S. You'll want to see this! I did a major cool thing with a dress. That's all I'm sayin')
Hey! Wanna help me out? Should I start to make my pictures bigger? Yeah?? Leave me a comment down there and let me know if I should & how you do it!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Annoyance #1. When people are absolutely inept to doing anything by themselves. This also entails being too shy to do things by themselves in fear of... well, I'm really not sure what is going through their brains..
Annoyance #2. Girls who make it a priority not to make eye contact in the hallway. Newsflash: As you're concentrating so hard on making sure you don't pay me a lick of attention... you look odd. Very odd. Fakes smiles are not for everyone. (P.S. Were you looking at the wall or the air? Because pretty sure no one else was around. Pull it together woman.)
Annoyance #3. Complainers. Constant complainers. Constant "ugh." Constant blaming others. Constant cursing anything that could have anything to do with you having a bad day. We get it. You hate your life and you are having a bad day. Please don't bring my mood down. I didn't lose my cheer uniform and I didn't slip on ice today. It's a good day. Let's keep it that way. AND! If you are complaining about "I didn't get my math done today!! ughhhhh" uh, do it. Or get help on it. Or better yet, I'll do it and help you. Oh wait. I did. Your welcome.
Annoyance #4. Girls who think they are in style. I'm sorry, I didn't know bleached hair and dry, damaged, pink streaks were in this season. My bad. I tell ya, I go to a school with people who are completely unknowledgeable and ignorant about fashion. Oh goodness, I just heard this girl say "Someone once told me they like my style." What is the world coming to?! Okay people, package me up and sail me away. There is no need for me and this fashion blog. I kid. I would never leave you.
Annoyance #5. Smoke. You give me a headache.
Annoyance #6. High School boys. But we all knew that one, right?
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Yuppie: (Young Urban Professional) a term used to describe someone who is young, possibly just out of college, who has a high paying job and an affluent lifestyle.
Hmm. well, I am young. But the whole... just out of college...high paying job.. affluent lifestyle bologna... psh.
So is this really what you learn on my blog?... Faking it? ..guess so.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Okay, so here's the snow adventure. which was pretty much a bust.
Oh, they look like the cliche happy playing in the snow pictures...
but I'm a hypochondriac.
And I say..
I got frost bite.
But don't let those pictures fool you...
You know that old saying..
Whatever goes up.. must come down?
it all just happened to come down and land in my shirt.
So what does that result in, you may ask..
Here. Don't say I never gave you anything
yeah yeah.. have your laugh.
So the headband... I got my inspiration for this little darling from Love, Ramsey. Go hop on over to her blog and check out her tutorial of how to make it! (I took pictures when I made mine.. let me know if you want to see them!)
Things to note in this picture:
1) Dog in background.
2) Foundation stain on elbow from this morning.. rats!
3) Strained look upon my face.
So if you made it through that absurd amount of pictures...
I commend you.
You will be rewarded with a kiss.
(The Hershey kind.)
P.S. I forgot to show the best part of the tank! The back! The top, by the neck, is lace! Super cute!
P.S.S. Click here. (My mom didn't pay me annyyythinggg to link up her blog or anything...) :)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
(Today was also Color Brigade Tuesday!...So I added some pops of color in the mix.. the colors I used were: Pink, blue, green, white, grey, black, and leopard!)
Okay so here's the deal. Get these leggings!! If you need comfort on a snow day to just lounge around the house... I've got what you need! Throw these on with a comfy top..or two! (Layers are great for warmth!) I'm extremely comfy today and love love lovin' it!