Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm a rebel.

I felt rebellious today.

Not rebellious like.. rob a bank rebellious... but more like... Yeah, I'm wearing a leather jacket and biker boots rebellious! :) Cause who am I kidding? No one is going to be intimidated by little ole me. No one.
Let me give you a glimpse into my life as a not so rebellious.. rebel.

1. In chemistry class today... my teacher owned me. An example of an exothermic reaction (a mixture of ketchup, lemon juice, ranch, salt, & sugar) was displayed in front of me on a paper plate. After being urged to feel the "heat" that would "immediately follow the mixture" I, in awe, waved my hand over the paper plate.. SPLAT! yup. my hand smelt like the lunch room's trash can for quite a while. I took care of it with a LOT of hand sanitizer. A LOT. oh. and just so you know... it wasn't hot..

2. Our class went out to play in the snow for a bit. I, nicely watched as snow angels were made and snow balls were being thrown. Quietly minding my own business. SPLAT! Snow across the side of my face. Once again.. owned.
Thing to note: Just because they are small and nice.. doesn't mean they won't throw snow at you.

3. At basketball practice this afternoon I got a pleasant surprise. I had been out warming up for about 10 minutes when I felt something on my leg. No. I didn't have "to go". I'm not thaattttt embarassing! I looked down and there is a sock. A sock! It had been hiding in my practice jersey. Pretty sure NO ONE considered a sock falling out of my wardrobe was.. intimidating.
So here is me pretending to be a rebel.
(The flash made my top seem a weeee bit see-through! sorry! it's all just a part of my rebel facade.)
. Cross Earrings: Forever 21, Leather Jacket: Kohl's, Ruffled blouse: Wal-mart, Skinny Jeans: Gordman's?, Boots: Target
And yes. That is me blinking once again in photo #2.
So here's to being a rebel. ..or at least faking it!
Love Always,
Darbey

3 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! Bargain jacket, huh? You look very rebely (that's not a word!) but in a good rebely way! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rebel look! (:
    I try this sometimes, when I'm feelin really bad, but somehow, no one ever REALLY takes me seriously. Hm. :/
    It's a blessing and a curse.

    ReplyDelete