Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good!...

Hello. My name is Darbey. Is this where I should start?? yes i know, i have been major slacking on my blog (ha! and I only have 3 postings) but I'm back in the saddle again as Aunt J would say!
Where have I been you may ask? Well...it all started a couple of weeks ago as I was under enormous stress about a cheer festival (competition) routine. I finally pulled it all together and our squad came home with a 1 rating last weekend!! (1 rating is the best out of 3 :)) Now, this past weekend was a whole new can of worms...we were hosting sub-state and between dance class, school, homework, cheering at games, finishing up basketball practice, play practice..I was just a tid bit on the 'im about to lose it' side. Friday night was the boy's second game in sub-state...against loserburg oh! im sorry i mean louisburg... anywho..the gym was packed and everyone was excited. All thought it would be an intense game but all expected a win considering we had already beat louisburg once this year. ... .... .... .... tied game. overtime. tie again. double overtime. ---5...4...3...2...1.... "awhhh...." Now wait just a minute, let's rewind... this was not supposed to happen...WE were supposed to win.. Well, we didn't and it was an absolute disappointment.

But that's not the point of See the Beauty ...the point is this: through all of the horrible "I can't take this" whispers to my squad in the last few minutes of the game, through all of the sweat dripping down my face, and through all the sticky, sweaty little 3rd grade boys anxiously watching the game by my feet....somewhere between shunning them away and pumping up the crowd I saw the most happiest and biggest smile that I have EVER seen... at this point in the game I was gripping the girl next to me and trying to tell myself I WASN'T having a heart attack. But as soon as I saw the excitement and joy and the 'I don't have a care in the world' grin across this little boys face...I was suddenly excited, joyous, and I didn't have a care in the world. I instantly felt calm and relaxed and all I wanted to do at that moment was watch this little boy have the time of his life...watching a 4-A High School basketball game that is.. If I had a camera at the time I would have a snapped a quick one and maybe it would give you a better glimpse into how good it made me feel. I don't know about you, but I find that kids always make me feel better..no matter what situation I may be in kids always make everything seem normal, happy, and calm (overlook the times when they're bouncing off the walls and the peanut butter in their ears) It's amazing what children can do even if we don't notice it. Think about it, when you see a little face smiling back at you after a horrible day..you can't help but just smile. Sometimes we (I say this preaching to myself) take advantage of the little things in life...and sometimes the littlest things can make us the happiest! The little smile beaming from that little boy made losing that game so much easier..If we look past the hard times in life maybe we'll be able to see our silver lining and that little face that makes everything okay :)

p.s - sorry there aren't any pics on this post Auntie J!! ...I promise to make up for it in my next post! :)

4 comments:

  1. Your smiling face always makes Mommy happy and makes my day better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a riot! I remember your sweet, sweet smiling face when you were just a little tyke but I also remember your face when you pitched a fit. Even then you were our sweet little Da-a-a-bey. Love your so so so much and get those pics posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha "she wants to drive!!" i apologize for any of my brat like behaviors..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give her whatever she wants! She wants to drive!!

    You need some quality Piercey time this week!

    ReplyDelete